36 Romantic Ideas to Surprise Your Beloved
Unique Romantic Surprises for Making Love Last a Lifetime
to surprise your mate? Romantic surprises are a lot of fun to organize for your sweetheart. Use the romantic ideas below as inspiration for your own creativity. Making love last a lifetime is worth the little bit of effort and ingenuity it takes to thrill your beloved with some of these romantic surprises.
- Hide little romantic love notes everywhere. In pockets, in wallets, in purses and in the glove box; in the fridge, under the keyboard, in the dryer and in the toolbox; in a book, in the newspaper, in a magazine and in the phone directory. Hunt around your home to discover unique hiding places. Some of your love notes might not be found for months! What fun! SURPRISE! Go to Romantic Ideas for Heartfelt Words of Love.
- Arrive home with their favorite take-out food. Be sure that your mate hasnt already prepared dinner or the effect may not be so romantic. SURPRISE!
- Write a romantic love letter. Send it to them the old fashioned way, snail-mail! A romantic idea that's been around for centuries! They will appreciate the time you took and the love pouring from the page. Need inspiration? Check out our Free Romantic Love Letters or our Romantic Love Letters to Copy. SURPRISE!
- For a romantic idea with a bit of drama, try a little role-playing. Decide who your character will be and dress the part. Do this away from one another. Arrange to rendezvous in a public place like a bar, restaurant or museum at a certain time. Pick a place where no one knows you or is unlikely to recognize you. Arrive at the meeting place early and practice being your character. At the meeting time, find eachother. You can keep the characters around as long as they are useful. This one is a lot of fun! SURPRISE!
- Do something unexpected for your partner just to make them happy. Fix something broken or spiff up the house. Be careful not to do something that makes them feel like they should have done it but you beat them to it! Sometimes a romantic idea doesn't seem so romantic until you see the love and appreciation in your partner's eyes. SURPRISE!
- Serenade your love with a song. If singing is not your best thing then bring a DVD player along and lip-synch. If you are brave enough to really sing, it will be a much more powerful romantic surprise idea, but do what you can
- Have dinner in some unexpected place like on the roof or in the barn or in the attic. Be sure to remember the candles and a nice bottle of wine
- Commission a romantic portrait drawn from a photograph of the two of you. This makes a wonderful personalized keepsake, , a very romantic idea. Some artists will even draw you in the setting of your choice or show you doing something fun or romantic. SURPRISE!
- An easy romantic idea: Deliver a nice cuppa tea or coffee to your sleepy sweetheart before they get out of bed in the morning. SURPRISE!
- Place a single flower (a red rose is classic) on the seat of your babys car before they go to work in the morning. SURPRISE!
- Hide romantic coupons in unexpected places. Tuck inside a CD or DVD case. Slit open food packages or boxes, slip inside and tape or reseal. The same can be done with any kind of packaging; toothpaste boxes, soap boxes or laundry detergent. Another romantic idea: Steam open a piece of mail that you know they will open and insert the coupon. (bank statement, credit card bill, tax refund check) Reseal. SURPRISE!
- Fill a room with helium balloons. Present them with a needle. SURPRISE!
- Here is a sneaky and romantic idea. Blindfold your beloved and take them on a drive. See if they can guess where you are before you let them remove the blindfold. Have a friend set up a romantic picnic in advance, with all the trimmings. Accidently discover it with your partner. SURPRISE!
- Have a limousine pick up your sweetheart at work and whisk them away for a fancy lunch and for an even sexier romantic idea, plan on making love too! SURPRISE!
- Buy tickets to an event that your partner really wants to see or do. Keep your romantic surprise a secret until the day of the event. If it takes place after dinner, then you can eat dinner beforehand at a restaurant and have the waiter give them the tickets when they give them the check. Or if you usually pay, the tickets can be tucked into the dessert menu
- Pay attention to what your partner marks or circles in a mail order catalogue. They will probably even show you what it is that they like. Here is the romantic idea: without them knowing, order what they have marked and have it sent to their work or wrap it up and give it to them yourself. SURPRISE!
- Sneak away from a party or family gathering and make out or even make love. Ask your sweetheart for help to get something from the car or their opinion about something in the den. You get the romantic idea! SURPRISE!
- A summertime (or warm climate) romantic idea. (unless you are a polar bear!)Play a game of Hide and Seek with your sweetheart. Find a hiding place that is very private. Strip. Wait for your lover to find you. SURPRISE!
- Most people will love this romantic idea. Conspire with your partners boss, to arrange a Day Off Work for your mate. When they arrive up at work, they will be sent home. You can take it from there
- When your beloved must travel for business, pack a Body Guard in their suitcase for protection: A small teddy bear. SURPRISE!
- For a relatively inexpensive and sweet romantic surprise idea:Show up at home with a fancy coffee drink or a decadent sweet. Choose something special that your loved one wouldnt ordinarily buy for themselves. SURPRISE!
- This romantic idea takes a little bit of planning but is well worth it.Take your sweetheart out to dinner to a restaurant where they have never been. Plan everything in advance so that your table is ready when you arrive, the food and drinks are ordered; no waiting. You have prearranged everything. When the wine is served, they will bring a bouquet of flowers for your beloved. The note in the flowers can read something like, To the Sweetest Love Ive Ever Known. When dessert is brought, the waiter will deliver a small gift with a romantic greeting card that says, Thank you for an Enchanted Evening and a Lifetime of Love. SURPRISE!
- When your sweetheart is trying on an outfit, pay for it before they leave the dressing room. SURPRISE!
- Show up at your partners work with a single red rose for them. SURPRISE!
- Be waiting in the bathtub when your beloved comes home from work. Offer them a glass of wine and suggest that they join you. SURPRISE! This is one of my personal favorite romantic ideas!Go to more Romantic Bath Ideas.
- Take your partner on a short walk. The romantic idea is to have everything set up for you while you are out. Have a friend deliver and set the table with a gourmet meal. They can even stick around for a while to serve the dinner and wait on you. You can offer to reciprocate with a surprise romantic evening for them and maybe theyll even clean up
- For the romance readers, here is a romantic idea just for you!Order a personalized romance novel written using your names and details. The perfect romantic love story for reading out loud
- Here's a romantic surprise idea that will help banish the winter weather blues.On a miserable winter day,go to the beach
at HOME! Decorate a place (basements and attics are great for this) with lounge chairs, beach towels and maybe even real sand. Buy coconuts, pineapples and mangos. Make some of those tropical rum drinks with the little umbrellas. Put on some Hawaiian hula music or reggae. Turn up the heat! (Bathing suits optional). SURPRISE!
- Put a blanket down on your lawn. Pretend you are on a deserted island with your mate. Dont forget the Daiquiris and Wilson. (Like in the movie Castaway) SURPRISE!
- Tuck a romantic love note in a small plastic bottle and float it in the bathunder the bubbles! SURPRISE!
- Bake a treat like cookies, brownies or browse our free romantic recipes for other romantic ideas you can eat. Have them delivered to your sweetheart at work. SURPRISE!
- Fill your partners car to the brim with red or pink balloons. Alternatively you can fill the trunk with helium balloons. When they open it, the balloons will come streaming out. Attach a card that reads, You Raise Me Up or Im not just full of hot air when I tell you I Love You! SURPRISE!
- Turn your home into a five star restaurant complete with menu, wine list, fresh flowers, candle light and romantic music. Have a delicious meal prepared and give them extra special table service. Dont forget dessert! (and dancing?) SURPRISE!
- Here is an idea that I originally used with my children one Easter morning. It is excellent as a romantic surprise idea too.Make a String Maze for your mate to find a small gift or token you have made or bought for them. You will need a ball of yarn or string. If the gift is small enough, start by winding the end of the string or yarn around it. Starting at the gift, unwind it all over your house (and yard, weather permitting) over and under and all around (Sh-h-h-h-h!) until it eventually leads to your sweetheart. They must follow the string (winding it up as they go) until they get to the end and the gift. SURPRISE!
- Go on a helicopter tour of your area with your sweetheart. If the pilot is willing, visit your neighborhood and other romantic landmarks of your relationship. If you can get them from home and all the way to the helicopter blindfolded, then so much the better! Dont forget the wine! SURPRISE!
- Here's a particularly decadent romantic surprise idea that you and your beloved will always cherish the memory of. Reserve a room in a nice hotel in your town or a nearby town. Arrange to meet your beloved in the lobby at a certain specific time. Make sure it is after check in. Before they arrive, go up to your room and put a big bouquet of fresh flowers by the bed. If the hotel doesnt have turn down service, you do it, complete with decadent chocolates on the pillows. Sprinkle the bed with rose petals. Put romantic music on a CD player you have brought from home. Put candles in the bathroom and run a hot bath with sensuous bath oil or romantic aromatherapy bath salts. Have an ice bucket and a bottle of champagne chilling. Put more candles by the bed and some massage lotion. Light the candles, start the music and get down to the lobby with your bags before your sweetheart shows up. SURPRISE!
Appreciating the enthusiastic applause, we took our final bows and left the stage. Weary and smiling, I returned to my tiny dressing room where I always had a hot bath waiting.
My tub typically contained an effervescent, lime-scented concoction. (with the occasional gentleman caller seated nearby) Bouquets of roses were lined up against the wall, but what caught my attention that night, was a lavish bunch of exotic lilies.
"How lovely!" I remarked out loud to myself as I slid into the fragrant water.
"How lovely, indeed." said the deep voice from the shadows as he presented me with a single perfect lily.
Ahhhh, the perfect beginning to an enchanted evening.
A Periodic Ezine of Original Short and Romantic Vignettes